"My goal is to provide our clients with the personalized attention and service they deserve and to always put their interests first. I want each of my client relationships to be life-long and mutually beneficial to such an extent that each person I work with becomes a Client for Life!
I give my father credit for sparking my interest in retirement planning. In 1998, he was facing a retirement decision and asked for my advice. As we met with local investment professionals and evaluated solutions and strategies, it became obvious that the investment industry at the time was focused on accumulation strategies and not on how to create income in retirement. I joined the financial industry in 1999 and opened my own independent wealth planning office in 2002. Early in my career, I noticed that many people, like my father, were asking the question, 'How do I set up my plan now that I am retiring?' The industry did not have adequate answers. I started searching for those answers and focused my practice around providing solutions for people facing retirement decisions.
Over the past 20 years, I’ve been blessed with great client families and the opportunity to serve their retirement and wealth management needs. In addition, I have been fortunate to surround myself with a great business partner, Richard Thompson, and a staff that is not only like family to me, but treats our clients with the attention and service they deserve."
- Registered Representative of Securities America, Inc.
- Registered Financial Planner with Securities America Advisors, Inc.
- Certified Fund Specialist since 2002
- Trained at the Strategic Distribution Institute in Denver in 2002
- Completed the Next Phase Income Training Workshop in Omaha, NE in 2014
- University of Alabama: BS, Corporate Finance; Masters in Banking and Finance with a concentration in Money and Investments
- Former member of the University of Alabama’s golf team 1985-1990
- Named Paul “Bear” Bryant Student-Athlete of the Year in 1988
- Academic All-American in 1990-91
- Volunteer High School Baseball & Football Coach at Decatur Heritage Christian Academy
- Active Member of Westmeade Baptist Church
- Grew up in Caddo, AL and currently lives in Decatur, AL
- Married to Angela and father to Trace and Mason
- Enjoys playing golf and spending time with his family and friends